.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Chapter 9: Discussing Ash's Destiny

Airia looked at Ash. "Why the long face?" she asked, looking concerned. Ash couldn't hide a look of hope. Airia actually cares! he thought happily, but quickly his his happiness, remembering that she had a question she was expecting Ash to reply to.
"Well..." Ash began, "I...I've always wanted to ignore my destiny since I was told it. I was always told how terrible Ironfang is because he tortures, is the strongest Bender in the land, and more. I was hoping it was mistaken, and if I ignored it then maybe it wouldn't happen. But ever since the Firebenders took over, I've been reminded of it over and over. I told Eclipse, because she's one of my closest and trusted friends, and the fact that she's a healer. But she got mad at me, that I never told her earlier. Now she's not very kind towards me."
Airia gave Ash a weak smile. "All of us have destinies, Ash. Some small, some big, it depends on who we are. If the Peacebenders have you such a big destiny, you must be ready for it and born for it." She put her wing around him, making Ash flinch, "don't worry; your friends will protect you." With that, she walked away, and Ash stared after her, feeling overly happy despite what was going on.
"Hey, Ash!" Rusty ran up to him, laughing, Dust close behind, also laughing. "I hear Airia flies beautifully, eh?" he exchanged triumphant looks with Dust, both of them still laughing hard. "Aww, that's so adorable. You and Airia are perfect for each other!"
Ash growled, "would you buzz off, Rusty?! You love Crystal!" Ash glared at Dust, "and don't you gang up on me too, you love Charlotte!" He perked his ears. "Where have you heard about this anyway?" Ash demanded.
"Oh, don't forget that Rusty likes Slice, too," Dust added, and his brother glared at him. "Oh. Rusty told me! He was nearby and he heard you say that to her."
"What?" Crystal asked, who was coming up the stairs, head cocked. Ash bumped Rusty, and he glared at him.
"Oh! Ash--" Dust began, but Ash slapped his tail over Dust's mouth, muffling his words. Dust looked at Ash.
"I don't need the whole Bending Tower knowing about my secrets!" Ash hissed, growling at Dust.
Crystal raised an eyebrow. "Er...okay," she said, "I'm going to go see if the Firebenders need me to go hunting or whatever," she rolled her eyes, and turned around and walked down the stairs to head out got the yard. Ash looked at Rusty, who was wide-eyed, looking at where Crystal left. "I'm going with her!" he announced, running after her.
"Idiot," Dust snorted, rolling his eyes. He looked at Ash. "So what're you going to do now?" he asked, all signs of teasing gone.
"I dunno, what are you going to do, go find Charlotte and see if she wants to go hunting with you?" he taunted.
"Ooh, good idea," Dust responded, padding off. Ash wasn't sure if Dust was joking or actually being serious. Sighing, Ash began to head for Airwing's den, remembering that's where he was originally heading before his encounter with the Firebender meeting.
Ash entered the den and saw Streak, Nzuri and Patch, Rainbow's kits, sitting in there. "So our father died a noble death?" Streak said, wide-eyed.
Airwing nodded. "Yes, your father will be remembered as a great Bender." He smiled. "Now, you should run along. I'm sure Rainbow wants you for lunch." He nudged at them with his muzzle, and they began to exit the den.
"If Rainbow has anything for us," Nzuri muttered, and the three kits all left. Ash trotted forward to Airwing, who smiled up at him.
"If it isn't Ash!" Airwing smiled, "what can I do for you?" He indicated with his tail for Ash to sit down, and Ash did so. "How are you coping with the Firebenders in The Bending Tower?"
"Truthfully, Airwing, not good at all," Ash sighed. "You see, the Firebenders know my destiny..." he looked at Airwing's face, which had a look that asked for him to go on. "I can trust you, I know I can...my destiny is to defeat Ironfang."
Airwing grew wide-eyed. "So you are the one to be the savior of the land!" he gasped, "I knew of a prophecy saying someone would come along and save us. You telling me it is you solves the questions I have. We will defeat the Firebenders sometime in your lifetime!" He looked at Ash, then recoiled. "Oh, I am sorry, Ash, pardon my eagerness. Please continue."
Ash nodded. "Right. Well, you see, Firetslon has reported to Ironfang I am his enemy. And I told Eclipse my destiny, and she's mad I didn't speak up earlier. And Airia knows now, she heard from the  Firebenders. So because of this, I keep getting reminded of my destiny. Eclipse wants to start defeating the Firebenders now, but we're not ready! We're all starving, scarred and weak." He sighed. "Airwing, what do I do?"
Airwing nodded. "I understand, Ash, what it's like to have something so heavy on your shoulders." Ash perked his ears, remembering being told that Airwing had been chased out of The Bending Tower by Ironfang when Ironfang had lived there. "And it's not good. What I recommend is that you study your enemies' weaknesses carefully, and that you prepare yourself. I think that first we'd need to focus on getting the Firebenders out of The Bending Tower." Ash was about to protest, but Airwing continued. "But you're right, Ash. We are clearly not ready. In the meantime, show you still have strength in you. Do. Not. Bow."
Ash knew that Airwing meant not to give in, not to literally bow at the Firebenders' paws; he'd father die than do that. Ash was about to speak, when a voice interrupted. "Ash, you're going to get us free from the Firebenders?"
Ash whipped his head toward the entrance of the den and gasped, surprised to see Streak standing there, looking wide-eyed. He then beamed at Ash. "You're going to save us!" he yowled, "yay! I can't wait to get away from those nasty--"
"Streak, hold it!" Ash exclaimed, almost losing his patience, a bit ticked off that everyone was finding out about his destiny, "we're not going to defeat them today, and probably not anytime soon. And please do not tell anyone about this! I do not want the whole Bending Tower knowing I'm their savior. Can you keep a secret?" Ash asked. He knew that Streak probably couldn't, beings he was a young and very inexperienced at most things.
"Of course!" Streak beamed, "Ash, you can count on me. You're already a great Bender! You'll get through this easily!" Streak bounced out of the den and down the hall.
Ash rolled his eyes. "This day keeps getting better and better," he mumbled sarcastically.

Author's Note:
Pff, I hate stress too.

8 comments:

  1. I wonder who will be the other two to assist ash in his fight?
    -Crystal-

    ReplyDelete
  2. o3o hzhshHAHHWHAHWHAHWAHWH hey I have an idea!!! Stun firebenders with air, weaken them with water, AND CRUSH THEM WITH A BIG GIGANTIC ROCK -earth- 030 HAAH, HAHAHSAHWHAHWAHWBAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA >:D OOOHHAAAA YEAASSS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stress?? What's stress??

    **Bounces around picking flowers for basket**

    Oh! I remember what Stress is!!

    Like when you eat your last reese cup and it is too late to go into the woods and pick more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Streak is so adorable.
    And Ash...that last line made me laugh out loud xDDD
    It is a OH NO but a LOL chapter.

    ReplyDelete

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.