.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Chapter 4: Airia's Fear

Flying. It felt like a free sensation. Airia closed her eyes as the wind blew through her pelt, flying through the air. She let go of all her anger about the Firebenders and flew even higher, knowing that the Firebenders couldn't reach her here. If I could, she thought, I know I'd save The Bending Tower and fly them far from the Firebenders...but it's not possible. 
Airia recalled the looks the Firebenders had given her when they had saw she had wings. It made her nervous, and scared. The animals at The Bending Tower accepted her wings like they were no big deal, but the Firebenders did their research on history, and Airia knew that. If they figured out where she came from, they'd certainly do something terrible to her, find some way to use where she came from to their advantage...
Feeling worried, Airia changed direction and shot back to The Bending Tower, going really fast, and she landed on the roof of it in under five seconds. She was as fast as a flyer as her father was. He had said it was her talent. Airia jumped down gracefully, and quickly went inside The Bending Tower before a Firebender could spot her and tell her to get to work.
Airia sniffed the air and followed the scent trail she knew best of: her father's scent. Eventually, Airwing's scent joined the trail, and Airia began to follow her father and great-grandfather's trail. She finally saw them in a room with Poisonfang, Fang and Firetalon. "No," Goldwing was growling, "you may have defeated us in battle, you may have given us scars to remember you well, but I am not letting you choose who fills in the ranks!" Goldwing snarled, looming over the Firebenders, yet they showed no fear, but hatred and frustration. Then, Goldwing turned to look at Airia. "Oh, Airia! Is there anything I can do for you?"
Airia nodded. "But...I don't want them in here," Airia nodded towards the Firebenders. Goldwing looked at them too and nodded, and nodded sideways at the exit, indicating for the Firebenders to leave. However, the Firebenders only gave him a stubborn looked of hatred.
"We're not leaving! We're your rulers, remember?" snarled Poisonfang, baring her venemous fangs.
"You better leave now," Goldwing snarled, "if you don't then you will be killed, I don't care if you poison me or not!" He growled. Poisonfang narrowed her eyes back, but she nodded to Fang and Firetalon, and they both left the room. Poisonfang slithered after them, and Airia walked in. "Those Firebenders...I can't believe we lost to them."
"Father, you had to surrender to them or you would have been killed," Airia protested. "I couldn't struggle through this without you. And if The Bending Tower lost its leader, we'd be weaker, more vulnerable."
Airwing nodded. "Goldwing, you did the right thing. Surrendering was smart in this case," he sighed. "I have been searching the sky for prophecies from the Peacebenders telling me when the Firebenders will leave us. But I've gotten nothing. I don't know why the Peacebenders aren't helping us...it's like they've abandoned us." Airwing shook his head. "But I do know that someday a hero will rise to defeat Ironfang. When, I don't know, and who, I don't know."
"Airia, what do you need?" Goldwing asked his daughter, changing the subject.
"Oh," Airia said, "see, the animals here at The Bending Tower have always accepted our wings. Like it's no big deal, y'know? Well, I feel like that's only because we don't know much about prophecies or  history of our land, but the Firebenders know much more about it than we do. Remember when I was one of the young...and Airwing told me about Alpha Ruins?" Airia cocked her head. Goldwing nodded, and so did Airwing, with a slight smile on his face, as if remembering back when Airia was young. "He told me that if you chanted a certain song, you could...control weather for a limited amount of time. Well...I think the Firebenders made that storm that killed Fan, Willow, Amur and Mystery. They had to. It was unusual, and I think they were gonna kill us all with that ball of lightning, but their time was used up. And since they're close to Alpha Ruins...it had to be them."
Goldwing and Airwing both looked shocked. "When did you figure this out?" Goldwing demanded. "Is this what you came here to tell me?"
"I found this out right after the storm when I realized it," Airia explained. "But I thought it wouldn't matter, since it'd just be known out of curiosity." Airia looked at Airwing, who had a look of pride on his face, like he was proud of Airia for finding that out. "The real reason I came here. Like I said, the animals here from The Bending Tower accept my wing because they don't know what it means. But the Firebenders give me looks. They know why I have wings because they know who we descend from. I'm worried they may use me for bad."
Goldwing nodded. "I don't know if I told you this...but because of our descendants, we have a certain charm that makes animals...well, love us. This is because we are considered sacred. If animals love us, they'll be willing to defend us more, to protect us. So we're not harmed."
"Father, I am not aware of any animal who loves me, so what if I get harmed and used for bad?" Airia protested.
"Airia, I would never let anyone harm you, and if they did, they wouldn't live to see another day," Goldwing said, amusement sparkling in his eyes, "but I know there is one animal in the Tower who, I am sure, will defend you with his life."
Airia perked her ears, "Who?"
Goldwing looked at Airia, "If you ever feel scared the Firebenders will harm you...stick with Ash."

Author's Note:
Ooh, why is Airia scared of the Firebenders? :o

17 comments:

  1. Interesting!
    -Crystal-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybeh she dun want her friends to die?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question and who ever made aria please don't be mad What animal is she I thought she was a bird

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is wind fur coming in also ember is her long lost brother who she likes to annoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish Eclipse had wings D:




    -Conchitah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, what's the big spoiler? NEED TO KNOW IT! ;v;

    AshXAiria supporter is sitting right here. *Points to self*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I guess we'll all have to wait to find out 'cause I know Greatshot wouldn't give out TOO many spoilers.

      Delete
  7. AriaXAsh <3 lol
    ~ambspo (Leafy)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm....I can definitely see why Ash likes her now.
    ;D

    ReplyDelete

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.