.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Epilogue

Ash sat down in the young den, watching in amusement as a small black wolf pup tripped over her own paws and fell with an "oof", landing on her back. She struggled to get back to her paws, yet lost her footing again and tripped.
"Oh, Misty, why don't you try playing with Campbell?" Airia giggled.
The little wolf pup - Ash's daughter - walked up to Airia. "No," she said.
"Well, why not?" Airia asked.
"What if Campbell doesn't like me?" Misty asked.
Ash looked at a light gray wolf pup, who was looking at a white pup that was pouncing on a squirrel.
"Campbell looks lonely," Airia remarked. "She could use a friend."
Ash looked at Charlotte, who was watching the white wolf pup with amusement - Campbell and the white wolf pup were her and Dust's daughters.
"I wish I could play with Adele," mumbled Misty.
"Oh, I'm sorry," Airia said apologetically, pulling the white-and-gray pup at her paws closer, "but you know you can't, sweetie."
Dust then came in. "Charlotte? Is there anything I can do for you?"
"Daddy!" exclaimed Campbell and the white pup, darting over to Dust.
"I'm fine, Dust," smiled Charlotte.
"You should go for a walk Charlotte. Campbell and Liberty must be a pawful," Dust nodded.
"Daddy! Can I go out to the yard?" Liberty squeaked.
"No, Liberty," Charlotte insisted.
"But everyone else can play there!" Campbell protested.
"Because the other young are older than you," chuckled Dust.
"Mommy, can I go to the yard?" Misty turned to Airia.
"You're not old enough," Ash said, playfully nudging his daughter.
"But I'm bored!" Misty cried. "Is it dangerous out there?"
"No, it's safe--" Airia began.
"Then I can go out there!" Misty exclaimed.
"Misty, honey, there are animals practicing down there. The last thing they need is a wild wolf pup running around," Airia said. "The older pups are very mature--"
"Yeah, right! Lephos and Sidew tricked Stone and made her trip over Eclipse's herbs!" Campbell snorted.
"How did you find that out?" Dust demanded.
"I have my ways," Campbell smirked.
Airia sighed. "Misty, Lephos and Sidew...well, they're just not as smart as you."
"That's my deputy's kids you're talking about," Ash chuckled.
Airia gave Ash a playful glare.
"Please mom? Please?" Misty begged.
"Misty, no, and that's final," Airia insisted.
Just then, a small bobcat came into the room. "Misty?"
"Hi Bracken!" Misty cried, running up to the bobcat.
"What's up?" Bracken asked.
"Trying to plead my case about going out to the yard," Misty replied.
"Misty, I believe Bracken needs to keep attending his apprentice duties," Ash mumbled.
"Oh. Your dad's right," Bracken nodded. "Bye, Misty."
The bobcat then left.
"What was that for? It's the apprentices' lunch break!" Airia hissed.
"I...Something about Bracken makes my pelt crawl," Ash muttered. "He's Ironfang's son."
"So? You know Bracken. He's one of the sweetest kids I ever met!" Airia exclaimed.
"But...I'm just worried. He knows I killed his father. What if he takes it out on Misty? Or Adele?" Ash fretted.
"Why would he? He's Misty'a best friend," Airia said.
"But Adele--" Ash began.
"Ash. I know Adele will have troubles--" Airia whispered.
"Yeah...I'm going to get lunch," Ash sighed, beginning to walk out the door.
Ash walked out of the room. Adele was his other daughter - she had wings like Airia, and was pretty healthy.
Except for one problem.
Adele was deaf.

Author's Note:
Misty will be the main character in series two. :D
Here some (very miniature) spoilers - Campbell will be a close friend of Misty in series two, and Lephos, Sidew, Liberty and Adele will be in it too.
So will all other characters in this chapter.
Um...that's all.

5 comments:

  1. "Lephos and Sidew...well, they're just not as smart as you." XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurhur, Xephos and Honeydew x3



      -perry4464

      Delete
  2. So that's why Misty couldn't play with Adele?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I find it really sweet that Bracken is friends with Misty ;-;

    ReplyDelete

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.