.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chapter 45: Mystic Shore

"Well, we're nearing the clouds," Masang commented.
The patrol was still heading up the hill, and Masang was right; they were getting closer to the clouds above. Once they walked through the clouds, then they'd be out of the Mt. Ice range, and they'd be closer to Mystic Shore.
"I can't wait," Rusty bounced around. "I want to get to the Water Tribe as soon as possible!"
"We all do, Rusty," Charlotte laughed.
"I'll be first to run in," Dust challenged.
"No, I will!" Rusty said, a hint of amusement in his voice.
Ash rolled his eyes. Does it really matter who's in first?
As the patrol walked on, Ash found that he was first to step through the clouds. It was very warm - a pasture was in front of Ash, like on the other side of the Mt. Ice range.
Rusty and Dust crashed through the clouds.
"Aww, Ash was first!" Rusty complained.
"You know, it doesn't matter," Ash rolled his eyes again.
The rest of the patrol came through. Masang walked with them as well.
"Once we get to Mystic Shore," Masang explained, "I'll turn back."
"But you might get eaten by predators," Flare noted.
"I'll be fine," Masang chuckled, "I've survived till now, why should I die at this random time?"
"He's got a point," Charlotte pointed out, and the patrol walked on.
At first, it seemed to Ash that it was just pastures as far as the eye could see. But then, he saw there was a hill. And down below was a beach-like area. There was sand all around, and a huge river. Beyond it seemed the sand never ended. Far, far into the distance, however, was a forest.
"Let's go," Crystal shrugged. She walked down the patrol, Rusty walking after her. The rest of the patrol followed, Dust walking alongside Charlotte.
"I'm thirsty," Ash commented, then he turned to Airia. "Can we get a drink?"
Airia rolled her eyes. "Knock yourself out."
"I'm not going to knock myself out!" Rusty growled, "are you insane, Airia?"
"No, but you might be," Airia retorted.
Ash trotted up the river. He bent down to get a drink. As he slurped up the water, the sand became slippery with water. Ash found that he fell into the river.

Author's Note:
This is where the undertow comes in...

8 comments:

  1. Dun dun dunnn... (again lol)


    -perry4464

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knock YOURSELF out, Airia - You just let Ash get swept into the river. Airia looses 10000000000000 browny points. I don't even think she has that many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *gets herbs ready just to be on the safe side*. Tomorrow I am going on Vaction and I may not be on the computer (I maybe on tomorrw but I am telling you just in case) And I will go on Vaction for 1 week.

    -conchitah\Eclipse\Moonfeather\Luna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!!!!! Poor Ash! Hopefully he survies!
    -ambspo (owner of leafy)
    P.s. I'm on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! willow will save you 030

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG charlotte will be devastated! Plus water benders go to save ash pls!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.