.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Chapter 42: Down The Hill

The patrol walked out of Mt. Ice, Masang leading the group into the snow. Ash was cold once again.
Crystal and Flare were at the end of the patrol, Stone staying near them. Lots of animals know something about Stone, Ash thought, but what? It seems that none of us know it… Ash looked at Airia. But maybe Airia knows; she’s Stone’s best friend, after all.
Ash looked at Dust and was about to speak, only to find he was looking at Charlotte. He sighed – it was clear that Dust liked Charlotte.
“Er, Dust,” Ash began.
“Yes?” Dust turned to Ash quickly.
“There’s no need for, er, what you’ve been feeling,” Ash tried to say in a nice way, “it’s a long way off. Besides, she probably doesn’t like you too much…”
Dust glared at Ash. “Who are you to say that? I can wait, and besides, I can change her mind!”
“She’s all yours,” Ash looked away. I’ll talk to him about Stone later.
Rusty was walking along with Crystal, laughing and talking.
“You sound so clumsy, Rusty,” Crystal laughed.
“I know! Dust and I bonked heads, and Ash got tangled up in it too!” Rusty laughed along.
Ash sighed. Those two seem to know their future! He joked with himself.
“Alright now,” Masang turned to the group. “All we have to do is head down the mountain, then go back up the next hill.”
“Sounds good,” Stone nodded.
Ash looked at Airia. He wanted to know about Stone. He knew Airia probably wouldn’t tell him, because he was nothing to her. I have to try this.
“Air-Airia?” Ash stuttered.
Airia sighed in frustration. “What is it, Ash…”
“Do you know anything…” Ash looked at Stone to make sure the raccoon wasn’t listening. When Ash knew she wasn’t, he turned back to Airia. “Anything about Stone’s past?”
Airia looked at Ash for a while. Then she glared at him. “Yes,” she growled, “I know all about it.” She got so close to his face that their noses were only a whiskers’ length apart. “And why should I tell you? You weren’t born at The Bending Tower-"
“He’s been here long enough!” Charlotte snapped. “Honestly, Airia, do you trust anyone?”
“I trust Stone,” Airia turned on her apprentice, “I trust you. Believe it or not, I also trust Rusty and Dust! But,” she turned to Ash, “I don’t trust animals born outside The Bending Tower!”
“Stone was born outside The Bending Tower!” Charlotte retorted, “and you trust her!”
“I got to know her,” Airia snarled, “and I got to know you. If I know outsiders well, then I trust them.” Airia turned to Ash. “But this wolf, I do not trust!”

“You’ve known him for a long time!” Charlotte growled, “for at least a moon!”
It's been a moon already? Ash thought.
“Not long enough,” Airia glared, “now stop arguing with your mentor, Charlotte, or I’ll delay the time you get out of your apprenticeship!”
Charlotte looked hurt. She hung her head, and Dust walked over to her.
“It’s okay,” Dust nodded, “Airia’s in one of her moods.”
“She always is,” Charlotte whispered. Ash could only just hear her. “I wish Airia would stop being so grumpy…”


Author’s Note:
Ooh…looks like Rusty and Dust are changing a bit…Seems Airia still doesn’t like Ash!

14 comments:

  1. OMG LOVE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING!!! Dust and crystal are so cute together!!! x3 AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahem really -_-
      r u sure that was a right match?

      Delete
  2. I know what's happening. Rusty and Dust are falling in love and Ash is gonna be dropped like a poor piece of poop. Poor, poor, Ash! If only Slice could stop flinching at every move maybe she could be your friend xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. XD lol

    -perry4464

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Greatshot

    how come my charater Eclipse has not taked to Ash in a while and does any other charaters have a crush on Eclipse?

    -conchitah\Eclipse\moonfeather\Luna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Eclipse will come in again! And I'll have someone like Eclipse if you want that to happen. ;)

      -GreatShot-

      Delete
  5. Thanks greatshot!

    -conchitah\Eclipse\moonfeather\Luna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!

    Quick question, where'd you get that wolf picture at the top? the grey one? with wings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Google Images, I typed in: Winnged wolf.

      -GreatShot-

      Delete
  7. Ash was telling Dust how I probably don't like him back because Ash likes me.
    papad91278/Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.