.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Chapter 23: Be Prepared

Ash stood in front of all of the Benders. The meeting was called for him to announce his plan to defeat the deer. I never thought I'd be standing up here, Ash thought, scanning the animals. He stepped forward. "Alright!" he said, "you all know the mad deer on the loose. It almost killed Nzuri and Firefly, did horrible injuries to Twig, Rusty and Dust. Being deputy, I've been assigned to kill the deer." Ash glanced at Poisonfang before continuing, "I have made a plan."
"And if it fails," Poisonfang interrupted, hissing, "Ash will be killed for his mistake."
This sent murmurs rippling through the crowd, but Ash wasn't too scared. "Yes. What she said. Anyway. A main patrol will go in and find the deer and attack it. That will be lead by me, with Airia, Light, Crystal, Rusty, Twister, Hazen and Nyx. We'll have backup in case anything goes wrong. River will lead that patrol, containing Hachiko, Stella, Flamingclaws, Stone and Darner."
Everyone began talking, and Poisonfang slithered forward. "You don't command my warriors!"
"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were brave and not cowards," Ash retorted. Oh, Lifebreeze, help me.
Poisonfang snarled. "I'll let my Benders join. But if you fail, I shall double the punishment!"
Akumu spoke out. "What about the rest of us?"
"Yeah!" Dust agreed.
"I'm getting to that. Lead by Maisoon, Crash, Skye, Dust and Graves will guard the Tower in case things get out of control. Everyone else will be alert to help if help is sent. Clear?"
"Clear!" The Bending Tower animals all said at once. The Firebenders, however, were just growling and muttering.
Ash nodded, and the patrols all headed for the exit. Goldwing looked at Ash and nodded approval. Ash smiled in return and followed the patrols into the forest. Ash broke off to his patrol, who all seemed pumped up and excited. Except Hazen. Ash looked to see Hazen fall back to walk beside Ash, and he hissed, "I don't know what you're doing by making me do this patrol, but I will not be killed by a stupid deer!"
"You do that. If you're strong enough," Ash countered, making Hazen growl. Ash then trotted ahead to lead the patrol.
"Thanks for picking me to go along Ash!" Twister smiled.
"I chose the best non-senior Benders," Ash nodded.
"So Dust isn't a good Bender?" Rusty laughed.
Ash sighed. "No, just--nevermind."
"And I notice that you brought Airia," Light murmured teasingly.
How many animals know about this?! Ash thought nervously. "I chose her because she's a good fighter," Ash responded calmly.
Light snorted and gave a little eye roll. "You're lucky, though. I'm forever alone."
Crystal paused and sniffed the air. "The deer is nearby," she breathed.
"Alright. Let's find it and attack," Ash ordered.
"If you need help, Crystal, I'll come to you," Rusty said assuringly.
"Thanks," Crystal replied, sounding grateful.
The patrol ducked behind a nearby bush. "I'll fly overhead," Nyx whispered, and she flew off into the air. Ash watched Nyx fly overhead. Everyone was quiet, and no one dared made any movements. The only thing Ash could only hear the others breathing.
Nyx swooped back down. "It's eating some leaves in the clearing," Nyx said. "Shall we attack?"
"Yes. If things get too out of paw, we'll all attack it at once," Ash nodded.
"Right," Airia whispered.
"Okay," Ash said, "get your battle faces on, guys, because this deer is going down."

Author's Note:
Here we go >:D


4 comments:

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.