.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Chapter 22: Poisonfang's Idea

Streak gasped. "Nzuri!" he yelled, running over to Raoul. Ash followed, and Rusty and Dust padded after. They were slower than Streak, who was rushing over to his sister frantically. "Nzuri! Speak to me!" he exclaimed, and Raoul just placed her down. Streak looked at her, but she wasn't responding. "She's gonna die!"
"Not if we can help it," said Eclipse, trotting over with Nightgale at her side. "We need to take her to the healers' den." Not minding the blood one bit, Eclipse picked Nzuri up and padded into The Bending Tower calmly, Nightgale following. Feather flew after them to help out.
"She's gonna die," Streak repeated, sounding scared and sad.
"Aw, don't be sad, kid," Dust said, "you get to have my lunch. You should be happy that you'll be full and I'll be starving."
Streak looked at Dust. "Be quiet! How can you think of joking around when my sister is near death?!"
Dust recoiled. "Okay, no need to be so feisty." With that, Dust trotted away, and Rusty followed after.
Cinder walked over. "Nzuri was harmed by a mad deer?" she asked.
"It was humongous!" Raoul exclaimed, "its antlers were so big! And it was vicious! It tried to kill us! Nzuri had snuck out of the young den and followed us, but arrived at the wrong time and the deer was charging at me, but Nzuri got in the way and got hit!" he whimpered, "it was my fault."
Ash knew Raoul was talking about the deer who attacked Rusty, Dust, Max and Firefly.
"No it wasn't," Cinder assured Raoul, "you had no clue Nzuri was coming with you."
"I should have scented her," Raoul muttered.
Ash flinched as Poisonfang slithered over. "A mad deer, you say?"
Raoul looked at her, "Y-Y-Yeah..." she stammered.
"Yes. I believe Graves told me of this," Poisonfang hissed.
Of course! Ash thought. He could recall the fox, Graves, nearby when Ash, Rusty and Dust were talking about the deer. He must have reported it to Poisonfang! Ash became slightly worried, wondering what advantage Poisonfang would use of the deer.
Poisonfang then looked at Ash, and Ash almost jumped in alarm to see that Poisonfang had an evil glint in her eyes. "You, dear, you're deputy, are you not? And if you're deputy, you're going to need to prove yourself. Especially to my friends." She bared her fangs, and Ash slowly backed up. "I'm putting you in charge of killing that deer. And if you don't succeed, you will be killed. Understand?" she hissed.
In fear, Ash quickly nodded, and Poisonfang, satisfied, slithered off. Cinder, Streak and Raoul all looked at him with wide eyes. Ash looked at them. "Er...give me a few moments," he said, and quickly turned around and took off. He ran through the crowd of animals, who watched him pass. Ash was trying to find Goldwing.
Obviously, Graves told Poisonfang that the mad deer is injuring us all and is deadly. Plus, I'm scared of it, Ash thought, which Poisonfang possibly figured. So, in revenge for Goldwing electing me second in command, she's making me kill the deer. Wonderful. Just great.
But then, as Ash entered The Bending Tower, he began to reconsider his fear. She put me in charge of doing this...that means I can choose whoever I want to kill the deer! Obviously, it can be defeated somehow, but I can put some of the Firebenders at risk of being harmed!
Just then, Feather flew by. "Ash! We're currently working on healing Nzuri. She's gonna take a while to heal, but she should recover."
"Never mind that," Ash breathed, but seeing the look on Feather's face, he changed his words. "Er, I mean...good, I hope she heals well. Listen!" he began, "the mad deer on the loose, is the same deer that had attacked me when I was an apprentice. I'm sure Eclipse told you." Seeing the surprised look on Feather's face, Ash continued. "Well, Poisonfang made me in charge of killing the deer. And if I don't succeed, I am to be killed myself!"
Feather looked at Ash knowingly. "So what's your plan this time?"
She knows me well, Ash thought. "I plan to use some of the Firebenders to kill the deer. So if someone is to be killed, it may be a Firebender."
Feather nodded. "Use the Firebenders to kill the deer! Right!"
"Yes, a good plan I think," Ash said, "I just thought I should tell you about Poisonfang telling me to kill the deer. That way, if any of our Benders get injured, you'll have enough herbs to heal them. Okay?"
Feather then hopped down the hall and out into the yard. Ash went around the corner and flinched as he saw Miguel sitting there. When Miguel gave Ash a horrible glare, Ash scampered own the hall and into the leaders' den, which was at the very end of the hall.
Ash had never been inside of the leaders' den, but it was huge. There was a window on the side, revealing the yard down below. There were vines decorated on the walls of the room. There was also a small puddle in the room, with water in it. Ash figured it was for the leader to drink out of. Ash noticed Goldwing was in the middle of the room, eating a scrawny rabbit. Goldwing looked at Ash. "Yes?"
"This room is amazing," Ash breathed.
Goldwing smiled. "In the past they figured leaders deserved the best. So, that said, the leader is to get the best. And you get to sleep here, isn't this better than a packed den full of Waterbenders? Well...now that that's out of the way, what do you need from me?"
"You know the mad deer?" Ash asked. When Goldwing nodded, Ash continued. "Poisonfang ordered me to be in charge for killing it."
"She did?" Goldwing perked his ears. "Not even a full day on the job and you're given this job? Continue."
"I have a plan to use some of the Firebenders to kill the deer," Ash continued, "that way, if someone gets killed, it's likely it could be a Firebender. So it's like a small revenge plan."
Ash looked at Goldwing - was that a slight smile when he said "small revenge plan"? - and Goldwing nodded. "You can call the meeting and arrange the attack to kill the deer. If you kill it and make it out alive, then Poisonfang will be double angered. Risky, but it will show you're strong."
Ash nodded, "Thanks," and then left the den, planning the attack in his head.

Author's Note:
Firebenders. .3.
Check out the new "Theme Songs" page! ^-^

7 comments:

  1. o: THEME SONGS PAGE!


    Vortex approves revenge plan :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Makes Poisenfang plushie throws on ground and stomps on it*
    ~Leafy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you should make a "read in order" page because for people who have never viewed the blog won't be able to go all the way back and read the whole thing they will get bored and quit so it would be a really good idea to make a read in order page just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am back!

    This chapter was awesome and you placed the probe, into the story well. Eclipse will be very busy for the next few weeks.


    -Conchitah

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO! So many deaths.. At least the deer was part of them

    ReplyDelete

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.