.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chapter 6: Darkclaw's News

It was about midnight. A breeze rustled the leaves, making the scene a bit spooky. An owl hooted, and flew off into the sky, as an animal came by.
The animal was as black as the night itself. She had a smirk on her face, and she crept through the area; she was a wolf. The she-wolf then made it to the entrance of a city; two torches were on either side of the door, both lit.
In front of the door was a snake. She slithered over to the wolf, flicking her tongue, and rose high. "Ah, Darkclaw, so glad to see you are back."
The she-wolf, apparently named Darkclaw, bowed to the snake. "Greetings, Poisonfang. I have been successful."
"Perfect," growled the snake, "please, go see the leader. I'm sure he'd be happy to know that you were successful in your mission."
Darkclaw nodded, and walked into the city. She headed for the middle, where their leader's place was.
The wolf heard pawsteps, and a black male wolf ran up to her. "Darkclaw! Are you okay?"
"Fine, Fang," Darkclaw replied; she knew the male wolf admired her. "I was successful."
"Good, good," Fang nodded, "and now you are going to the leader?"
"Where else would I be going?" Darkclaw replied calmly, and she kept walking, and could smell that Fang  was following her.
"Can you tell me about it?" Fang asked.
"Okay," Darkclaw whispered. She said nothing for a moment, then continued. "It felt good to murder the animal. I crawled through the forest, and detected an animal nearby; it was an apprentice, a weak one, might I add. Then again..." Darkclaw stopped walking and turned around to face Fang. "All of Goldwing's apprentices are weak."
Fang nodded, and looked at Darkclaw in awe. With a smirk, Darkclaw kept walking, and Fang kept following.
Darkclaw arrived at the leader's door. Outside of it was a guard; it was a wolf, which looked like an apprentice.
"Hello, Kirin," Darkclaw said calmly.
Kirin nodded nervously.
Darkclaw seemed to be waiting for Kirin to say something, but Kirin just kept looking at the she-wolf nervously.
"Kirin! Your manners?" Darkclaw snapped after a while.
"Oh!" Kirin gasped, "W-Were you successful?"
"Yes," Darkclaw growled, "And might I say that you might be sent out on a mission as important as this one was when you become a full Firebender."
Fang loomed over Kirin. "Now let us in," he snarled.
Darkclaw couldn't help but feel a flash of admiration for Fang. She liked how he acted intimidating to Kirin.
"Y-Yes," Kirin nodded, and opened the door. Darkclaw walked in, and Fang followed after her.
There were torches in the walls. The place was cold, but Darkclaw didn't mind as she procceeded for the back of the room. Fang was padding after her.
"Approach me," ordered a cold voice in the dark.
Bravely, Darkclaw padded towards the voice, and stopped. Fang stood by her side.
"Were you successful, Darkclaw?" the voice asked.
"She was," Fang said quickly, then flinched; Darkclaw knew that Fang messed up big time by answering for her.
"Fang, where are your manners? I asked Darkclaw, not you," the voice said calmly.
"I'm sorry, sir!" Fang bowed, trying to show respect.
Darkclaw expected the leader to attack Fang, but he didn't. Darkclaw waited in the darkness for the leader to speak again.
Finally, the voice spoke. "Fang... Please leave. This is something for only Darkclaw and I to discuss."
"But-" Fang protested.
The voice growled, and Fang ran off. Darkclaw looked after him, then turned to the voice.
"Now then," the voice continued, "Darkclaw, tell me all about it."
"I set off for the territory five days ago, as you ordered. I caught plenty of prey, and I even managed to steal some prey from the Water Tribe. I told them I was a loner, and I gave them some injuries when they challenged me. I also managed to kill an apprentice from the Tribe of Flying Birds, and they fear us more now. In Mt. Ice, I tried to eat a blue rabbit... But it was... To quick for me," Darkclaw sighed, then continued. "I finally made it to The Bending Tower territory. I stole some prey there, and then I could smell an animal from The Bending Tower. It was an apprentice. And, like every apprentice there, it was weak, I don't know how Goldwing trains those idiots! ...So, the apprentice was a monkey. I pounced onto it, and it screeched as I scratched its arm, making it bleed. The monkey made some earth rise and I fell into the bushes... Apparently, it was an Earthbender."
"Keep going," the voice said calmly in the dark, it was obviously enjoying Darkclaw's story.
With an evil smile on her face as she recalled the murder, Darkclaw continued. "I jumped at it and dodged another part of the earth rising and I sang my teeth into the apprentice's neck. The apprentice screamed and clawed at my arm. I'll admit it hurt, but I didn't let go. But then..." for the first time in the story, Darkclaw hesitated.
"Well?" the voice growled.
"A raccoon tackled me and injured me. It was Stone. I swear by the Darkbenders, it was Stone! I ran off, because the apprentice was already dead," Darkclaw finished.
"Stone?!" growled the voice, "she's dead!"
"Well, she must live at The Bending Tower now," Darkclaw shrugged.
The voice snarled, "She's a traitor! Stone was a loyal Firebender, and she betrayed me! That runt deserved to die! But Stone couldn't bring herself to kill the runt, could she?"
"Sire, is there anything else you need to know?" Darkclaw asked.
"LEAVE AT ONCE!" the voice snarled, and Darkclaw ran away.

Author's Note:
Meep! Darkclaw killed Susan. o3o Anyway... Darkclaw belongs to Anonymous, and Kirin belongs to Piplip131415, the creator of Akumu. Also, Susan was made by ME, she was not someone else's character. A few people were asking me that. :P

9 comments:

  1. Poor Susan D:




    -perry4464

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish most fire bender were like Slice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. We all need the Fire-Benders to not be evil ;n;

      Delete
    2. When Ash,Eclipse and the mystery animal stop Ironfang maybe Slice could be the fire bender's leader and make them good





      -conchitah/Eclipse/Snowy

      Delete
  3. I forgot everything about Mitisu, could you re- sign her up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. -take donut launcher and launches 100 metal donuts on Darkclaw's head-

    ReplyDelete
  5. *gasps* STONEXASH!!!!!! XD JK (MAYBE... MAYBE NOT)

    ReplyDelete

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.