.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Chapter 33: Questioning Miguel

Ash walked over to Rusty and Eclipse, Miguel behind him. "We're going to give Miguel a few questions," Ash nodded. However, he noticed that Rusty and Miguel were glaring at each other, and a small growl was coming from Rusty's throat. Eclipse, however, seemed fine with it.
Oh boy...Rusty is obviously going to want to prove Miguel wrong, Ash realized. He then got an idea. "Slice will be joining us too."
Miguel looked relieved, but Rusty didn't look as happy. "What! Slice is just going to defend Miguel," Rusty insisted. But, Ash also noticed that Rusty shifted his paws awkwardly at the mention of Slice's name; obviously, Slice was still mad at him and Rusty was missing them being friends. And due to the fact that Rusty lost to Miguel in winning her over, despite he was Crystal's mate already.
"I'll go get Slice," Eclipse nodded. Despite being blind, she most likely could sense the anger between Rusty and Miguel. Eclipse got to her paws and trotted over to Slice, who had her head on her paws. Eclipse said something to Slice, and Slice got up, nodded, and trotted over. She smiled at Miguel, but avoided looking at Rusty. Ash nodded and the group all went to the back of the cave, far away from everyone else. Ash passed River and put him in charge until they got back.
Ash then sat down. Rusty sat down on his left, Eclipse on his right, and Miguel sat next to Slice in front of Ash. "Before we say anything against Miguel," Ash glanced at Rusty, "Miguel, tell us your side of the story, please."
Miguel nodded. "Okay. So when the Firebenders had taken over, three days afterwards Goldwing and Airwing called me into the leaders' den. They then told me that they were planning to one day drive the Firebenders from The Bending Tower. I asked them why they were telling me this, and they said to me that they wanted me to spy on the Fire Nation. I got scared and told them there was no way and asked if there could possibly be anyone else for the job. Goldwing said he wanted me to spy because I could come up with a good excuse, and that I've already been there previously. I tried to deny it, but they told me that in the end it'd all pay up. Again, I insisted that I wouldn't, because the Firebenders would kill me if I left them and betrayed them. They told me they'd guard me afterwards, but they're dead..."
Ash thought for a minute; it did seem like Goldwing and Airwing to get someone to spy for them. But still, Ash could see that Miguel could have teamed up with Hachiko to spy on The Bending Tower. Ash decided not to take any risks. "Rusty? Eclipse? Your thoughts first."
"Don't believe him," Rusty growled. Miguel glared at Rusty, Eclipse turned to him, and Slice looked hurt. "This is like a setup. It's like this, basically. Miguel was born in the Fire Nation, right? Right. So he learned to hate The Bending Tower. The Firebenders got him to spy on The Bending Tower--"
"But Hazen was a Firebender spy," Eclipse pointed out.
"--Don't interrupt, please," Rusty said, then continued, "and then he re-joined the Fire Nation once they got in total power. And so, Miguel and Hachiko teamed up - Miguel would once again try to re-gain our trust with a story saying that Goldwing and Airwing made him a spy, and Hachiko would kill them so they would have nothing to say in their defense. That way the Firebenders could take control of The Bending Tower again when they left to go make a rebellion."
Miguel growled, "That's not true!"
Slice glared, "Yeah! And, it's just like Goldwing and Airwing to be that clever."
"He's a LIAR!" Rusty snarled, "because of Miguel, Feather died and CRYSTAL ALMOST DIED! Don't you see?! He is hoping to help destroy The Bending Tower! He already took away the animal who was among one of the greatest healers, and Crystal got TORTURED!"
Ash flinched, seeing how mad Rusty was; Ash had never seen his friend so angry. Although most of Rusty's face had hatred, anger and frustration, Ash could detect a hint of sadness. Rusty then turned away, gritting his teeth, not looking Miguel or Slice in the eye.
Ash whispered, "Rusty...maybe you should calm down."
"No," Rusty muttered, "I...I'm fine."
Miguel sighed. "I didn't know Feather would die or Crystal would be in pain, Rusty. I was trying to be a convincing Firebender. I thought Feather wouldn't die, and I had no idea why Flamingclaws decided to use Crystal as someone to harm. I never knew any of it. That's why I couldn't bring myself to kill Feather. I thought the Firebenders would hurt me for saying no, which was why I said it, because I felt like I deserved it. They didn't kill me...I should be dead though..."
Miguel's words felt so truthful that Ash believed Miguel. Ash looked at Eclipse, and she seemed to believe him, too. Slice looked at Miguel sympathetically. "But I'm glad you're alive, Miguel. If you were dead, where would I be now?" Ash could tell Slice meant that no one would be loving her if Miguel was dead, because Rusty already had a mate.
Ash nodded. "Miguel, I believe you. Welcome back."

Author's Note:
I'm having fun writing these chapters now. :3
I got this new dragon book called "Wings of Fire", and I feel like doing a dragon story now. Thoughts?

9 comments:

  1. I love Wings of Fire! You should do a book based on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww omg ;n; *feels*
    Dragons are cool! I like dragons. :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like waiting a bit and reading two or three chapters in order :)

    It makes the fun of reading last longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we love reading your chapters and you like writing them, everyone's happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eep. ;u; Just makes me like SliceXMiguel moar

    AND YAY ASH BELIEVES HIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES. YES. DO A WINGS OF FIRE FANFICTION. I LOVE THOSE BOOKS. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh Dragon book! :D
    YAY! WELCOME BACK MIGUEL!
    ~Leafy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I want to do a WOF fanfiction lol. Moar SlicexMiguel soon? :D

    ReplyDelete

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.