.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Chapter 19: Thoughts and Discussions

"Who do you think the new deputy will be?"
"No doubt, it's going to be Creature."
"Really? Because I was thinking it'd be Airia. After all, she's Goldwing's daughter."
"Fff, that'd be like choosing favorites!"
Ash was sitting in the healers' den, checking up on Firefly and Max. Max was fine, but Firefly was still asleep. Max had been talking to Twig, who was awake. Ash had been surprised to see how well they got along. It could be that they both have a bit of a temper. But, Twig can be more angrier than Max gets, Ash thought.
"It's going to be Creature," Twig stated, "pure and simple. I wish I could go see the meeting, but I'm confined to the healers' den for the rest of the moon. Anyway, it'd be too expected for Goldwing to pick Airia. That's because they're family."
"I don't think Creature is good enough for it," Max said, "and if Airia's not picked, I think Stone will be picked. Hey, she's as grumpy as a snake that's lost its venom, but she's still rebellious to the Firebenders, and wouldn't back down easily. If anyone, Stone'll be the deputy."
Well, she's a former Firebender, Ash thought. It was revealed back at the Water Tribe, but Ash didn't tell anyone. Except the Firebenders probably knew about it.
Eclipse then walked in. "Max, you're free to go now," she said.
"Aw," Max complained, "back to letting the Firebenders pick on me? Well...on the bright side, this means I won't miss the meeting of who becomes the new deputy." With that, Max exited the room. Ash followed, done his business in the healers' den. He trotted out to the yard to see everyone busy, as usual.
Ash could hear many voices abuzz with word and rumors about the deputy meeting as he walked through the crowd.
"I can't believe Poisonfang would do that!"
"Smart snake, she is."
"It's going to be River, for sure! He's a loyal Bender."
"Nah, Goldwing's not going to pick Stone!"
"Who do you think it's gonna be?"
"I swear, I'mma kill Poisonfang for insulting Kabu!"
But when Ash got around the Firebenders, the word was more stuff like this.
"Heh, Goldwing's such an idiot!"
"He's never going to pick a good deputy!"
"If Goldwing doesn't pick a deputy, Poisonfang might make me deputy."
"We'll have so much power after this!"
Ash tried his best to ignore the talking of the Firebenders. He then slipped out into the forest to give himself time to think. I'll catch some prey, Ash figured, then the Firebenders will think I've been hunting. Ash then sniffed the air and snuck off into the forest, detecting a rabbit. He then remembered to look out for the deer. If I happen to detect it, I'll walk away from it, Ash thought.
Suddenly, there was a blow of the wind and Ash flinched as Airia landed in front of him. "Hey, Ash, whatcha up to?"
"Uh...er..." Ash struggled to find some words, "just...hunting...?"
Airia chuckled. "Oh, I saw you sneak out of The Bending Tower. Anyway, so how are you dealing with this new deputy stuff?"
"Well, Max thinks you should be deputy..." Ash shrugged.
"Heh. I'd never be good enough," Airia smiled, "I actually think you would be a good deputy, Ash. Think about it. You're loyal, friendly, smart..."
All of these compliments made Ash grin. He tried pushing it back, but he couldn't. "I'd never make it! I'm too young. Besides, I think River should be deputy. He's been here longer than me. Plus, he's very strong and everyone likes him."
"Hi Ash!"
Ash turned around to see Streak bounding towards him, a smile on his face. "Streak! What are you doing here? Get back to the young's den." Ash ordered.
"Relax, Ash! With you two protecting me, I'm fine!" Streak smiled bigger. "So...are you two, like, walking together out of love or something?"
"What? No!" Ash exclaimed, fur bristling. Airia just giggled, looking at Ash. "She just--I--we--never mind that! I happened to be out here, she joined me. Okay? What are you doing here, anyway?"
"Oh, I was bored. So, Goldwing's electing a new deputy, eh? I think it should be you, Ash!" Streak beamed. "Because, you know, you're destined to..." he looked at Airia. "Can I say it with her here?"
"Go ahead, she already knows," Ash muttered.
"To defeat Ironfang!" Streak finished.
Airia shrugged. "Well, Streak's right. If the Peacebenders think you're good enough to do that, you'd probably be good enough to become deputy for us."
"I am too young!" Ash protested, "River's better. Trust me."
"No, you're better!" Streak said.
Ash sighed. "Anyway, Streak, are you just out here to hang out?"
"I guess," Streak shrugged.
Ash shook his head. "Look, Streak--"
"Oh, was I spoiling something?" Streak asked, a teasing grin on his face.
"No!" Ash exclaimed.
"Wow, you seem so insistent," Streak grinned.
"Just...please, just go get something to eat!" Ash exclaimed.
"Alright!" Streak smirked, trotting off.
"Why was he so teasing about that?" Airia asked.
"Er...I...I dunno," Ash lied.
"Mm-hm," Airia nodded slowly. Huh? Ash thought wide-eyed, does she not believe me or something? "Well," Airia continued, "I suppose all we can do until Goldwing announces the new deputy is wait and worry. I, on the other paw, am going to go flying. Bye," Airia bolted up into the air.
Ash slowly let out a big breath. Phew, that was close, Ash thought.

Author's Note:
Pointless chapter is pointless. .3.

But, I got a new story blog. Check my profile to find it! :D NOW.
Plus, check Misitu's Art Central (my main blog) often, because its posts aren't showing up on people's dashboards. :c

7 comments:

  1. Eclipse:(Hands out buttons saying "Vote For Ash"



    -Conchitah

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD Are you like walking out in love?
    Ash: What? I -uh,no!
    ~Leafy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Great Scott, I shall accept the position of Deputy...even though I am very busy starring in your COTG's blog and my own TFEOBB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, I wonder why everything seems to be going according to Airwing's plan....

    ReplyDelete

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.