.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chapter 2: The Traveler's Room

Kabu dipped his head to the golden-winged wolf. "I am sorry, Goldwing. He is a traveler in search of shelter, and-"
"No one is accusing you of being disloyal, Kabu," Goldwing nodded. He had a deep voice.  "We will let this wolf stay."
"Just for how long?" Airia growled.
Goldwing turned to her. "Airia, stop with this nonsense. He is a loner, he will do no harm."
"He could be a spy for firebenders!" Stone growled.
"Stone, your temper must be kept under control. Learn peace."
Behind Wolf, a white winged wolf came out into the yard. Stone quickly dipped her head to him. The white wolf looked old and very wise.
"Airwing, you should be resting downstairs. You need strength to fight the cold you have," Goldwing looked at the wolf.
"I couldn't help hearing that my grandson had called a meeting," Airwing gave a weak smile.
I guess the wings run in that wolf family, Wolf guessed. Airia must be related to Airwing and Goldwing.
"You can stay, Airwing, but return to your room after the meeting," Goldwing nodded.
Airwing walked along and sat next to a silver wolf.
Goldwing continued. "The wolf will stay, as I said. I expect no bad behavior toward him for not knowing about bending. If he wishes to learn the ways of bending, he will learn. Creature, Fan, can you show Wolf to his room?"
"Of course," the blue crocodile who Wolf had seen earlier, nodded. He walked up to Wolf. "Just follow me, ignore any rude remarks that any of the others make."
Creature tripped over a rock while leading Wolf towards the door. He recovered, then kept walking on.
Fan brought up the rear. Wolf felt like a prisoner in between the two animals. Creature lead them upstairs, and he turned left down a corridor.
"Do you think you will join?" Fan asked Wolf, breaking the silence. "If you do, Goldwing will give you a new name."
"I don't know," Wolf admitted. I'll just think about it.
They went up some more stairs, then turned right. Creature walked into a room, where there was a tiger with brown stripes napping away.
"This is the Travelers' Room," Creature announced. "Where those who travel shelter. We bring them in, and they stay until they are prepared to continue their journey."
"Excpet this tiger has been here quite a while," Fan grumbled.
The tiger woke up. "Did you call me a tiger? I'm a TIGGER! I got a bouncy tail, do tigers have that?"
"Her name is Tiggerkat," Creature said to Wolf.
"And she claims to be the last 'Reese Bender' left in the world," Fan rolled her eyes.
"I am!" Tiggerkat protested.
"Then why don't you bend any Reese Cups?" Fan retorted.
Tiggerkat rolled her eyes. "Duh, because there are no Reese Cups HERE!"
Creature sighed. "Better get used to her," he muttered to Wolf, "she's always wild."

Author's Note:
Guess whose character Tiggerkat is? ^^ It's my friend Tiggerkat's. So Wolf might join the Bending Tower, but for now he shares a room with Tiggerkat in the Travelers' Room.

5 comments:

  1. OMG LOL. I love da part where Fan says "Except this tiger has been herd quite a while," OMG DAT WHOLE PART AT THE END WAS HILARIOUS!
    And thanks for making my character grumpy. >:D I loves grumpy characters. In seekers, I like Toklo, in warriors I likes Jayfeather. X3

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD I thought that part was really funny too!! Can't wait to see what I do next!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hamishcat
    Yes, Fan is funneh! >:D
    I'm so drawing a scene from this story, if you want me to that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am a tigger not a tiger!! XD

    pixiegirl86155-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, well DUH it was tiggerkat... o.o lol jk

    ReplyDelete

If you do any mean comments, you can expect a "magician", to throw some fire into your home.